Click Here to find the embroidery designs.
We are remodeling our breakfast nook area and decided to go with a beach theme in tribute to our beautiful Siesta Key beach close to our home. I found the wood monogram at Michaels craft store which is about 6" tall and was already painted white. I used our handy dandy 1" Button~Ups Fabric Button Cover Machine to make lots of buttons using a cream fairy frost fabric and aqua gingham. I also embroidered about 25 Nautical Button~Ups designs and made them into flat back buttons and glued them to the wood.
- Nautical Button~Ups Embroidery CD
- 1" Button~Ups Fabric Button Cover Machine or 1" covered button kits
- 60 flat back buttons
- Fabric, thread, Heat n Sta tear away stabilizer
- Hi temp glue gun or E6000 glue
- Cream colored assorted plastic buttons
Step # 1
- Embroider @ 20-25 Nautical Button~Ups machine embroidery designs selecting the design with the digitized circle. Cut out circles using the Button~Ups Circular Fabric Rotary Cutter and make into flat back buttons
Step # 2
- Make @ 40 1" fabric covered buttons using cream and gingham fabric and glue them to the wood as shown.
- Gluing options: Glue gun is fast and dries instantly but is not as strong and buttons may come off if they get knocked around. E6000 glue smells bad and take 24 hours to dry, however it is a much stronger alternative. If you plan to hang your monogram on the wall, a glue gun is all you need.
Step # 3
- Make all of the embroidered Nautical designs into flat back buttons and glue over the first layer of plain buttons.
Step # 4
- Randomly glue plastic covered buttons to fill in the empty spaces and hang your finished wood monogram on a wall.
Visit www.HopeYoder.com to find more exciting projects, embroidery designs and button cover crafts.