Monday, June 4, 2012

Easy Beginner Sewing Pattern

We'll, I had another great weekend sewing with my two friends.  One regret of my job is that I don't have as much time to sew for fun which is why I love teaching my friends to sew.  I was so excited when they came to me asking for a few lessons.  The travel pillow case (a few post back) was their first project. Their second was using my eReader Wristlet pattern to make cute covers for their new Kindle Touch's purchased by their husbands for Mother's Day.  Totally awesome gifts for two wonderful mother's.  Stacey & Stephanie you rock and are awesome sewers.  Can't believe this is the second thing you have ever made.  Keep on sewing girls.


PS. I couldn't find hook & loop tape for the closure but I have lots of buttons in my studio LOL :)  We improvised and sewed ponytail elastic to the center of the flap and made a 1" sew-on covered button using our Button~Ups Fabric Covered Button Machine.  I love it and think I'll make all my covers using buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments